Parents and carers of the students at Hazelbeck School who are of compulsory school age are required to ensure that they receive efficient full time education.
We do all we can to support school attendance and take seriously any issues that may lead to non-attendance.
Good school attendance is essential to ensure that all young people make the most of the educational opportunities available and achieve their full potential whilst ensuring that all students stay safe. We believe this sets good habits for later in life... if your child is not in school they cannot learn!
- School has a legal duty to record the attendance of every pupil, or record them absent or late
- The register is taken at the beginning of both morning and afternoon sessions
- If for any reason a pupil has to leave school during the day, school should be informed of this prior to the day
- All class registers are completed showing the exact reasons for a student’s absence
- All unexplained absences will be followed up
- There is no automatic entitlement to time off during term time for family holidays.
To inform us that your child is absent: Telephone: 01274 777107 - Saika Shaheen.
Absence Text: 07860 002507 Absence Email: firstname.lastname@example.org