Parents and carers of the students at Hazelbeck School who are of compulsory school age are required to ensure that they receive efficient full time education.
We do all we can to support school attendance and take seriously any issues that may lead to non-attendance.
Good school attendance is essential to ensure that all young people make the most of the educational opportunities available and achieve their full potential whilst ensuring that all students stay safe.
We believe this sets good habits for later in life... if your child is not in school they cannot learn!
- School has a legal duty to record the attendance of every pupil, or record them absent or late
- The register is taken at the beginning of both morning and afternoon sessions
- If for any reason a pupil has to leave school during the day, school should be informed of this prior to the day
- All class registers are completed showing the exact reasons for a student’s absence
- All unexplained absences will be followed up
- There is no automatic entitlement to time off during term time for family holidays
With regard to safeguarding it is very important that we know the reason why a child is not in school as soon as possible on the first day of absence and at the start of each day thereafter.
To report student absence please contact us by 8.30am, using the details below:
Telephone: 01274 777107 - Saika Shaheen or Vicky Ullah
Absence Email: Attendance@hazelbeck.org
|We are grateful to parents who are making sure their child arrives at 8.45am, to be ready for Lesson 1, which starts at 9am. It is always a real shame to see students missing out on opportunities when they arrive late. Students arriving in reception after 9am will need to be signed in by parents, stating the reason for the late arrival.|