Useful Links for Families
Useful links for students and parents ~ support services, events, forums, conferences, newsletters, school holiday activities, youth groups, websites and more...
Featured information for October/November:
Autism support group, 22 October
October Half Term stay & play
Parent Information Event, 10 November
Zoom instructions for above event
Saturday Club dates for children up to 12
AWARE fundraising lottery
- Action for Happiness helps people take action for a happier and more caring world, click here.
- AWARE - Airedale & Wharfedale Autism Resource Click here for details of this parent-run group supporting families with children and young adults on the autistic spectrum.
- Autism Education Trust Click here for more information
- BDCFT Carers Hub Click here for details of Bradford Carers Hub.
- Boardmaker Click here for details of Boardmaker Picture Communication Symbol software available to use in Bradford Libraries.
- Bradford City Disability Football Click here to visit the website.
- Bradford Council’s school closure notification service Click here for details of Bradford Council's mobile app for school closure alerts
- Bradford SENDIASS provides Information, Advice and Support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including support with EHCPs, click here to visit the website
- Carers' Resource Click here for information on how the specialist carers' centre can help carers and here to visit the website.
- Cricket Click here for details of free cricket sessions on Saturdays at Beckfoot School.
- Dance & Performance Skills Click here for details of classes at Kala Sangam for age 16+ with a disability, learning disability or autism
- Down Syndrome Training & Support Service Click here for details.
- eSafeguarding Useful sites for information on internet safety or click here to view our e-Safety webpage
Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre >
National Online Safety >
Get Safe Online >
- Friends and Family Hub for families of children with disabilities and learning difficulties, click here for further details
- Keighley & Shipley Family Hub Click here to visit the website
- Local Offer Click here for Bradford's Local Offer website, for parents, carers and families of children and young people aged from birth to 25 with special needs and/or disabilities and click here for the Local Offer useful links page
- Parents’ Forum For Bradford and Airedale Click here to visit the website.
- People First KC Click here for details of this Keighley & Craven Advocacy Group - speaking up for and helping people with learning disabilities
- Shine Together Click here for more information on this local youth group for young people with special needs aged 13-18.
- SNOOP Youth Club Click here to find out more about this Youth Club at Eccleshill for young people with disabilities, it runs from 6pm-8pm every Tuesday in term time.
- Specialist Inclusion Project The Specialist Inclusion Project specialises in researching, identifying, running and monitoring Short Breaks services for young people with disabilities aged 8 to 18 years throughout the Bradford District, click here to visit the SIP website.
- Sport Works Click here for details of weekly sports sessions for young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- Sibs Click here for more information about Sibs - an online support service for brothers and sisters of disabled children and young people.