Useful Links for Families
Useful links for students and parents ~ support services, events, forums, conferences, newsletters, holiday activities, youth groups, websites & more...
The Sing Up organisation will be running free live sessions of singing and musical fun on Tuesday mornings at 9am. Join in on Sing Up's YouTube channel or on Sing Up at Home where #FeelgoodFifteen will stream live for anyone to watch
New for January & February - weekly online Time to Shine yoga sessions for all, click here for more details or click here to access yoga tutorial videos for complete beginners.
1-2 February, Bradford Educational Psychology Team, FREE workshops for parents and carers, click for details
- Action for Happiness helps people take action for a happier and more caring world, click here.
- AWARE - Airedale & Wharfedale Autism Resource Click here for details of this parent-run group supporting families with children and young adults on the autistic spectrum and here for AWARE Saturday Club dates (for 12s and under).
- Autism Education Trust Click here for more information
Beckfoot Trust Support for Families page for information on support services locally and details of organisations that can provide advice & guidance
BDCFT Carers Hub Click here for details of Bradford Carers Hub.
- Boardmaker Click here for details of Boardmaker Picture Communication Symbol software available to use in Bradford Libraries.
- Bradford City Disability Football Click here to visit the website.
- Bradford Council’s school closure notification service Click here for details of Bradford Council's mobile app for school closure alerts
- Bradford SENDIASS provides Information, Advice and Support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities including support with EHCPs, click here to visit the website
- Carers' Resource Click here for information on how the specialist carers' centre can help carers and here to visit the website.
- Cricket Click here for details of free cricket sessions on Saturdays at Beckfoot School.
- Dance & Performance Skills Click here for details of classes at Kala Sangam for age 16+ with a disability, learning disability or autism
- Down Syndrome Training & Support Service Click here for details.
- eSafeguarding & eSafety Useful sites for information on internet safety or click here to view our e-Safety webpage
Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre >
National Online Safety >
Get Safe Online >
- Friends and Family Hub for families of children with disabilities and learning difficulties, click here for further details
- Family Hubs Offering support & activities for babies, children, young people and families: Keighley & Shipley, Bradford West
- Local Offer Click here for Bradford's Local Offer website, for parents, carers and families of children and young people aged from birth to 25 with special needs and/or disabilities and click here for the Local Offer useful links page
- Parents’ Forum For Bradford and Airedale Click here to visit the website.
- People First KC Click here for details of this Keighley & Craven Advocacy Group - speaking up for and helping people with learning disabilities
- Shine Together Click here for more information on this local youth group for young people with special needs aged 13-18.
- SNOOP Youth Club Click here to find out more about this Youth Club at Eccleshill for young people with disabilities, it runs from 6pm-8pm every Tuesday in term time.
- Specialist Inclusion Project The Specialist Inclusion Project specialises in researching, identifying, running and monitoring Short Breaks services for young people with disabilities aged 8 to 18 years throughout the Bradford District, click here to visit the SIP website.
- Sport Works Click here for details of weekly sports sessions for young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- Sibs Click here for more information about Sibs - an online support service for brothers and sisters of disabled children and young people.